google.com, pub-9501031967421588, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 ‘Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota’ actor Abhimanyu Dassani opens up on nepotism, new movies and more ~ Bharath Bulletin

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

‘Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota’ actor Abhimanyu Dassani opens up on nepotism, new movies and more

Unlike other star kids, Abhimanyu Dassani’s entry in Bollywood debut was with an unconventional film, Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota (2018), alongside television actor Radhika Madan. It wasn’t a big-budget film, but it managed to get a thumbs up from movie critics, and made people people sit up and take note of Abhimanyu as an actor, and not just another star kid trying to follow his parent, Bhagyashree’s, footsteps. The young lad now has three films in his kitty: Nikamma, Aankh Micholi, and the Netflix film Meenakshi Sundareshwar.

Speaking about his debut film, Abhimanyu says, “Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota was an unconventionality film, and that’s the reason I took it up. The movie allowed me to do action, romance, and helped me showcase myriad emotions. Debut film is very important, and I am glad I got to work with a director like Vasan Bala. The movie also earned me the Filmfare Award for best debutante.”

Did Abhimanyu get any pointers from mother and actor, Bhagyashree, while choosing his debut movie? “She guided me and gave me tips on acting, and that was the reason why I received the trophy from her hands. She was thrilled, especially when the film got acclaim at various national and international film festivals, and later created box office history too,” he says.

Also Read: Abhimanyu, Mrunal Thakur get together for family entertainer 'Aankh Micholi'

Ask Abhimanyu if being Bhagyashree’s son helped him in anyway, pat comes the reply, “No. I had to go through the entire gamut of auditions. Initially, I assisted director Rohan Sippy, too. Nepotism is just a cliché, and there is nothing more to it than a name. In fact, during the auditions, many didn’t even who I was, and at times when they did, for them I was just another star son.”

Ask Abhimanyu if being Bhagyashree's son helped him anyway, and pat comes the reply, “No. Not at all. I had to go through the entire gamut of auditions. Initially, I assisted director Rohan Sippy, too. Nepotism is just a cliché and there is nothing more to it than a name. In fact, during the auditions, many didn’t even who I was, and at times when they did, I was just another star son for them.”

The iconic movie ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ completed three decades this year. And, many are still hooked on to whenever it plays on TV. But, it so happens that Bhagyashree almost didn’t do the film. Speaking about the movie, Abhimanya says, “I was amazed when I saw her for the first time on the big screen. Later I recreated many iconic scenes from the film on my social network. The surprising thing is my mother almost didn’t do the film. But filmmaker Sooraj Barjatya chased her for a month, after which she relented.”

Also Read: Abhimanyu Dassani: My ideal weekend would be watching an Arsenal game



source https://www.freepressjournal.in/entertainment/mard-ko-dard-nahin-hota-actor-abhimanyu-dassani-opens-up-on-nepotism-new-movies-and-more
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free Press Journal | World News

The Indian Express | World News

The Indian Express | Sports

Times of India | World News Headlines, Latest International News, World Breaking News

The Guardian | World News

Dash & Outdoor Cameras from Rexing

Search cheapest worldwide Flight/Hotel/Cruise/Car/Activities

Travel Insurance

Followers

Translate

Blog Archive

Great Offer

Health is Beautiful - Watch the Video

T P Senkumar's Interview-Video

T P Senkumar's Interview-Video
T.P.Senkumar's (Retd DGP) mass reply to Leftists on 24 News channel. Click on the image

Total Pageviews

:

TRAVEL INSURANCE